Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Viña falafel

One thing Viña del Mar has in spades is good eateries. On my first afternoon, I found Jerusalem which serves falafel among other Middle Eastern dishes.

 

I opted for my standard falafel pita. I paid, got my receipt ticket, and sat down to wait.

 

The dining room was nice enough, though possibly a little too cosy.

 

Lunch arrived in a wrap with tomatoes and lettuce. The wrap itself was fine, very standard. The veggies were unbelievably fresh. Two sauces accompanied; a garlic cream sauce that must have had an entire head of garlic; and a really bland, flavourless sauce that looked like hummus.

 

As for the falafel itself, it was subpar. It was fried but not overly so, though it was rather dry. The falafel was in my preferred shape, patties, but they were too thick which meant there were too many bites without falafel and too many bites of just falafel. Had they been thinner, there would have been a more consistent taste throughout.

 

What Jerusalem has going for it is the serving size (very generous), the tomatoes (fresh and juicy), and the garlic sauce (you'll be exhaling it for the next two days).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment