Saturday, April 7, 2012

Santiago falafel

Near Parque Forestal, Pita & Co. boldly advertises falafel so I recently gave it a try.

 

I was impressed with the amount of options but not necessarily with the options themselves. First you choose your sauce (pesto, oriental, garlic, or mayo) and three toppings. I went for garlic sauce and goat cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes.

 

Despite the restaurant's name, the falafel was served in a dry tortilla and not a pita. A second disappointment was the soggy falafel.

 

As I ate and made a mental review of the falafel, the teacher in me started to develop a falafel rubric. I'm not sure if this is a good sign or not! Regardless, my newfound love for Santiago wasn't enough to sway my taste buds when it came to something as important as falafel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment