Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pucon miscellaneous

It's always a great feeling when you realize you don't have to do something you don't want to do. I had a bus ticket for Buenos Aires but after a night of, um, celebrating our volcano summit and thinking about all of the places in Chile I still wanted to visit, I ran down the street to the bus company and refunded my ticket with minutes to spare. I happily spent another day in Pucon and made plans for my next stop.

 

In the meantime, here are a few miscellaneous Pucon memories.

 

El Refugio Hostel was great and I loved getting to stay in a dome tent!

 

An attempt to hike to Ojos de Caburga was thwarted by a sudden and heavy downpour. Fortunately, we managed to take this shot of me crossing the Delaware before the rains came.

 

On my second hike to Salto el Claro, I was able to cross off one item from my to do list for the year. There are no photos of this event but there was definitely a witness who was kind enough to hold a towel open for me as I ran out of the ice cold water. (Haha! Thanks again!)

 

Pucon's picturesque lake was busy with visitors, including hungry dogs and fake lifeguards.

 

I found a great tree to climb...and then realized I had no one with me to take the photo.

 

A sunny afternoon was put to good use sipping on terremotos and beer at a sidewalk cafe.

 

Until I saw this sign, I hadn't realized the town had such unique parking regulations.

 

When the clouds finally parted after a week, I caught my first glimpse of the volcano that was the entire reason for me lingering in Pucon.

 

The clouds then reappeard, but only to create a vivid sunset.



I loved my time here and the people that I met. Goodbye Pucon! I hope to be back someday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment