Friday, June 22, 2012

NYC: gaze into my crystal ball...

Out of curiousity, I've always wanted to go to a psychic so a friend and I hopped on the subway to the East Village recently to do just that. I wasn't picky so we went to the first palm reader we found.

 

The psychic studied my palms intensely. Here is what she saw in my past, present, and future:

 

  • I will have a long life. She offered to tell me my exact age at death but I declined.
 

  • Last year was challenging and not entirely satisfying for me. There will be more challenges ahead this year.
 

  • I am currently exploring the world around me.
 

  • I have already achieved success in my career and will continue to do so. Next year will bring big career opportunities and I will be pleased with whatever I choose. In my work, I am meant to help people and to be creative.
 

  • Nine to twelve months from now, I will be in a love triangle. I will have to choose very carefully because one of them will truly love me and one of them won't. In the past, I haven't been loved the way I wanted to be.
 

  • I have lots of good friends but I need to be careful because a couple of them are not what they seem to be. I am a giving person who can be naive at times so some may try to take advantage of me.
 

My verdict? My guess is that she's good at quickly sizing people up and goes from there. I tried not to react as she read my palms. Some of what she said resonated with me but some of it was way off. Mostly she was vague enough so that I could manipulate my experiences to fit her reading. I'm definitely a skeptic but it was still a fun experience. Now let's see which, if any, of her predictions come true...!

No comments:

Post a Comment