Thursday, June 7, 2012

Buenos Aires

I first read about Foto Ruta on BBC's travel web page. It's an affordable photography based tour of the different neighborhoods of the city. I'd always wanted to take a photography course and Buenos Aires seemed as good a place as any. I talked a friend into joining me and we met our guide/instructor at Puerto Madero in the morning.

 

We first talked a bit about our photography experiences and goals before heading out to start snapping shots. Puerto Madero is nice, but it's not my favorite neighborhood because it feels so generic and sterile. This could be Ft. Lauderdale or any other characterless spot. Nevertheless, I did enjoy walking around knowing my companions wouldn't get annoyed with me for stopping every twelve feet to set up a shot.


 

After we had exhausted the port, we jumped in a taxi and headed to La Boca, the colorful touristy neighborhood.

 

At the end of the day, the three of us sat down to upload our photos and examine the day's work. I wasn't especially wild about any of my photos, but I did learn a lot about my camera's features, how to manipulate light, and gained some confidence when taking picture of strangers, so it was a day well spent.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment