Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Montevideo, Uruguay

I spent a few hours sleeping in Santiago after arriving from Rapa Nui before returning to the airport on my way to Paraguay. Like with Lima, I had another 24 hour layover, this time in Montevideo, Uruguay.


 

It was a Sunday afternoon so the city was extremely quiet and most stores and museums were closed. I headed to the pier and saw lots of friends and families enjoying a lazy afternoon of fishing together.

 

I wandered through the old market, Mercado del Puerto, which is now filled with restaurants specializing in grilled meats.


 

Outside the market, vendors sell hats, notecards, and other artistic or handcrafted goods.

 

The old town was very European in its architecture. At night, the lit up buildings looked lovely.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment