Friday, May 4, 2012

30 goals

A good friend got me in the habit of making a new list of goals on my birthdays. As I recently celebrated my 31st birthday, I thought I would share my list of goals for being thirty.


 

Of my thirty goals, here are the ones I completed:

1. Send someone flowers for no reason

2. Save enough money for a long trip abroad

3. Travel to all seven continents in the calendar year

4. Travel to my sixtieth country

5. Write regularly

6. Submit my photos to a contest or newspaper

7. Downsize my possessions

8. Help someone finish their first marathon

9. Leave my job

10. Consistent yoga practice

11. Surprise visit someone

12. Go abroad for at least one consecutive month

13. Go camping

14. Go on a multi day hike

15. Travel or plan a trip with my mum

16. Travel or plan a trip with my dad

17. Fill an entire journal

18. Skinny dip

19. Do an unaided head stand

20. Tell my family more often that I love them

 

And here are the goals I didn't meet this past year:

1. Finally get my driver's license

2. Go to a drive-in movie

3. Do at least five consecutive, proper push ups

4. Do at least three consecutive pull ups

5. Volunteer at least ten hours

6. Hang up a picture myself

7. Meditate regularly

8. Ride a century or l'etap

9. Go through a corn or hedge maze

10. Learn the dance to Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies"

 

A two thirds completion rate is pretty good in my book! Now that I'm an ancient thirty one, I've got a new set of goals to work on (although you can expect to see at least one of my missed goals on my list for this year. I think you all know which one!).

 

A side note: I've definitely neglected my poor blog lately! The good news is that this is because Mini Bear and I've been having such an incredible time in South America traveling and meeting new people. The better news is that you can expect regular updates again from now on!

 

4 comments:

  1. You know I love a good list, and that one is awesome :) Although I really think you can do 5 push ups!
    I hope you had a great bday and I am so so excited to see you soon and help celebrate belatedly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned how to make my birthday list from the best!
      UPDATE: You inspired me to try the 5 push ups and...success! It wasn't pretty and it wasn't fast but I did finish 5 push ups without my knees. I think I'm still within the grace period of being 30 for it to count, so I'm now 21 for 30!

      Delete
  2. I knew you could do it :) Must be all that hiking and general adventuring you've been doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have SWORN you knew the dance to "Single Ladies," hahaha.

    ReplyDelete