Thursday, December 8, 2011

LADRON!

I´ve learned several new words while traveling (such as pezones and peluqueria), but today I used a word I´ve known for a long time. My fellow NYC teachers know that ¨ladron¨means ¨thief,¨ so today when my iPhone was ripped out of my hand by a guy on a bicycle in Buenos Aires, I chased after him and screamed ¨ladron!¨ Unfortunately, that didn´t make him return it.

The good news is that I´m safe and he didn´t get anything else; the bad news is that a good chunk of Mini Bear´s most recent photos were on the phone. (And to think I had just finally posted on the blog about her upcoming photos! Of course I would be robbed by a ladron who appreciates irony!) Don´t worry, there´ll still be plenty of photos to come but now you´ll understand why there´ll be so few photos of Rio, Uruguay, and a few Argentine cities.

Good thing I hadn´t yet upgraded to the iPhone 4...!

(Seriously though, Mini Bear and I are safe and sound. No need to worry, mom & dad.)

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh, glad to know you and your fellow teacher from NYC are safe and sound.. Upon returning home, you can already look forward to the iphone 4s, upgraded version of iphone :) safe travelling!

    ReplyDelete